Top Chef Finalist
Chef Gregory Gourdet is the culinary mastermind from Portland, OR, most recently ending a 10 year run as the Executive Chef and Culinary Director for Departure Restaurant + Lounge, where he paired local ingredients with the bold flavors of Japan, China, Thailand, Vietnam, and Korea to create modern Asian fare. A native New Yorker, Gourdet honed his culinary skills within celebrity chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten’s restaurant empire.
Gourdet, inspired by his Haitian heritage, will bring that cuisine into the American spotlight at his wood fired concept Kann Restaurant, opening summer 2021. The restaurant will be Haitian cuisine focused while honoring the seasons, local ingredients and other global POC cuisines in a healthy, sustainable way.
Chef Gourdet’s career highlights include:
- Announced as a featured judge on the upcoming Season 18 of Top Chef, which will be based in Portland and will air in 2021
- Bravo’s Top Chef Season 12 finalist and Top Chef All Star Season 17 finalist
- 3-time James Beard award nominee
- Named by Men’s Health Magazine as one of “Fittest Chefs in America”
- Named Chef of the Year by the Oregon Department of Agriculture
- Eater Portland’s Chef of the Year in 2014
- Virtual Cooking Classes
- Private Events
- Speaking Engagements
- Restaurant Buyouts
- Cooking Demos
- Recipe Development